24 December 2010

Heavy Metal Parking Lot By Eliot Hazel

In contrast to the glamourous story published earlier today by Alessia Laudoni, we are getting darker and grittier with this experimental story by Eliot Hazel. Heavy Meatal Parking Lot was shot to promote a dance piece that was taking place at the Moca Museum in Los Angeles that would involve over 40 dancers inspired from punks vs. goths dance battles, directed by Ryan Heffington. Costume and fashion designer Moon Spoon Saloon (who has designed for Björk, The Knife, Lady Gaga to name a few) collection this season is going to be called “Take me to your leader” and so was the seed to or inspiration for the story.

Just to have it said, Eliot is one of my all time favorite photographers, with a sharp eye and an exceptional creative mind. Eliot himself, gives a lot of the credit to his good friends: “- I am blessed with being surrounded by creative friends who let me be part of there projects and ask me to shoot for them, without my creative friends i would be shooting ducks floating on the lake.” He has been shooting for about 2 and a half years now, but it has only been lately that he has been migrating more seriously over to fashion photography, from being what can be described as a fine art photographer before: “- Most people tend to call me a fine art photographer yet I just shoot whatever comes along so to speak and looks interesting in my point of view.” And it does look interesting, so make sure to click through and have a look through his portfolio.
Here’s Heavy Meatal Parking Lot:

Credits
Director – Ryan Heffington
Costumes – Moon Spoon Saloon
Styling – Diana Contreras
Make up – Mindy Lebrock, Ryan Heffington, Will Lemon
Hair – Yuya Takahashi
Photography – Eliot Hazel